One-a-Day For a Week One-a-Day For a Week
Community

One-a-Day For a Week

Posted by Regi Campbell on April 25, 2016

Life sucks the courage out of us. Day by day, we’re disappointed, criticized, rejected, abandoned, postponed and distracted. Things we planned to finish remain unfinished. People don’t do what they say, or they do the…

“Well, That’s Just Old Tip” “Well, That’s Just Old Tip”
Community

“Well, That’s Just Old Tip”

Posted by Regi Campbell on April 18, 2016

There have never been two politicians more different than Ronald Reagan and Thomas Phillip “Tip” O’Neill. Reagan was incredibly conservative . . . O’Neill, a staunch liberal. Reagan, a California Republican. O’Neill, a northeastern Democrat….

6 Practices of Intimate Friends 6 Practices of Intimate Friends
Community

6 Practices of Intimate Friends

Posted by Regi Campbell on September 6, 2015

On Thursday night, I walked into a room with 8 total strangers. New mentees ‘grouped up’ by my church . . . future leaders who’ll grow in community this year. Some will scatter when it’s…

Curriculum vs. Community Curriculum vs. Community
Community

Curriculum vs. Community

Posted by Regi Campbell on April 2, 2015

Old people think they’ve seen it all. But if you keep looking, you can keep learning. Through a men’s group I’m a part of, I’ve learned that people, especially men, can avoid having to open…

The Cost of Community The Cost of Community
Community

The Cost of Community

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 31, 2014

I’ve been going on and on about the value of community. About being vulnerable with trusted friends. About developing intimate friendships and ‘doing life’ with other guys.  About how rich it can be when a…

Telling on Yourself (Part II) Telling on Yourself (Part II)
Community

Telling on Yourself (Part II)

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 21, 2014

In my last post, I talked about confession – the idea of telling on yourself. Almost everyone agrees that coming out with your screwups is huge and healthy. The Catholic Church encourages anonymous confessions of…

Telling on Yourself Telling on Yourself
Community

Telling on Yourself

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 17, 2014

“Tattletale, tattletale, hang your britches on a nail,” we chanted at whoever ran and told on us. No one liked being ratted out, whether it was for throwing rocks or stealing M&Ms. It took guts…

Wes Yoder’s Bond of Brothers Wes Yoder’s Bond of Brothers
Community

Wes Yoder’s Bond of Brothers

Posted by Regi Campbell on April 21, 2014

Wes Yoder’s book Bond of Brothers is one of the best books for men on community. I mean, such a great title, who could resist? You can check out the book by clicking here. Here’s a…

The Power of Self-Disclosure (Part II) The Power of Self-Disclosure (Part II)
Community

The Power of Self-Disclosure (Part II)

Posted by Regi Campbell on March 31, 2014

When we last left our story, a guy was pedaling toward his high school girlfriend’s house as hard as he could. Hurt by his wife, he’s about to mess up big time. He’s given himself…

The Power of Self-Permission (Part I) The Power of Self-Permission (Part I)
Community

The Power of Self-Permission (Part I)

Posted by Regi Campbell on March 27, 2014

So a guy goes to his high school reunion and they pass out a directory with every classmates’ address and phone number. There’s the address of Arlene, his high school sweetheart (she was the homecoming…