Where God Shows Himself Where God Shows Himself
Community

Where God Shows Himself

Posted by Regi Campbell on February 3, 2014

It hasn’t always been intentional, but I’ve stumbled into community with other guys  the entire time I’ve been walking with God. One group…then another. No surprise I wasn’t in community when I ‘ran off the…

Activity, Proximity, or Intentionality Activity, Proximity, or Intentionality
Community

Activity, Proximity, or Intentionality

Posted by Regi Campbell on November 21, 2013

Grown men are lonely in our culture. Though surrounded by people, “most men lead lives of quiet desperation.” No guy really knows them and they don’t take the time or risk to really know other guys. We…

Biblical Bob Biblical Bob
Church

Biblical Bob

Posted by Regi Campbell on September 24, 2013

I don’t know anyone who is totally satisfied with their church. People who go to a large church want the warmth and connection of a smaller one. Others are trapped in smaller churches and hungry…

Friendship Grows in the Darkness Friendship Grows in the Darkness
Community

Friendship Grows in the Darkness

Posted by Regi Campbell on August 8, 2013

The old saying goes “to have a friend, you have to be one.” I don’t think so. To me that describes a business deal. That’s a trade, not a friendship. Haven’t you been friends with…

The “God life” and EXCLUSIVITY The “God life” and EXCLUSIVITY
Community

The “God life” and EXCLUSIVITY

Posted by Regi Campbell on January 21, 2013

Some time back, I read where someone asked Carl Sandburg (the famous North Carolina poet whose words were like a magnifying glass to human emotion) what was his least favorite word. His answer? The word…

Make a ‘people plan’ Make a ‘people plan’
Community

Make a ‘people plan’

Posted by Regi Campbell on January 3, 2013

The best way to predict future behavior is past behavior. The definition of insanity is to repeat the same behavior and expect a different result. You can’t talk your way out of what you behave your…

Do you have any real friends? Do you have any real friends?
Community

Do you have any real friends?

Posted by Regi Campbell on December 31, 2012

(this post was co-written with Pete Loescher, a veteran mentor and dear friend) “The tragedy at my father’s funeral was not that I had to help carry the casket. It was that I had to…

Intentionality Leads To Isolation Intentionality Leads To Isolation
Community

Intentionality Leads To Isolation

Posted by Regi Campbell on October 16, 2012

People tell me I’m one of the most intentional people they know. I’ve given away a hundred copies of a book with a light switch on the cover asking “Is what you’re about to do…

The Opposite of Loneliness The Opposite of Loneliness
Community

The Opposite of Loneliness

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 5, 2012

If there’s an epidemic in our culture, it’s loneliness. Especially among men. Take our built-in weakness in relational skills, add the demands of our work, season it with a double helping of isolation-enhancing technology, throw…