fbpx
Do you have any real friends? Do you have any real friends?
Community

Do you have any real friends?

Posted by Regi Campbell on December 31, 2012

(this post was co-written with Pete Loescher, a veteran mentor and dear friend) “The tragedy at my father’s funeral was not that I had to help carry the casket. It was that I had to grab the hearse driver to make four carriers. Two relatives, myself, and the hearse driver. No friends.” Imagine how sad…

Intentionality Leads To Isolation Intentionality Leads To Isolation
Community

Intentionality Leads To Isolation

Posted by Regi Campbell on October 16, 2012

People tell me I’m one of the most intentional people they know. I’ve given away a hundred copies of a book with a light switch on the cover asking “Is what you’re about to do ‘ON or OFF’ purpose?” I own the URL “www.intentionality.org”. I’m not kidding about being on purpose and intentional. But a…

The Opposite of Loneliness The Opposite of Loneliness
Community

The Opposite of Loneliness

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 5, 2012

If there’s an epidemic in our culture, it’s loneliness. Especially among men. Take our built-in weakness in relational skills, add the demands of our work, season it with a double helping of isolation-enhancing technology, throw in a couple of kid’s sports teams and you’ve got a recipe for being lonely. When I heard my friend…

Two-Way Relationships Two-Way Relationships
Community

Two-Way Relationships

Posted by Regi Campbell on October 3, 2011

Once you “get” the essence of Christianity….that it’s not about you, but about Him and others, you find yourself really busy. You’re immersed in church stuff; you get involved in ministries, Bible studies, small groups and the like. You step it up with your wife and your kids, working to become the leader of your…

Community – Yes … Accountability – No Community – Yes … Accountability – No
Community

Community – Yes … Accountability – No

Posted by Regi Campbell on August 22, 2011

I’m reading a cool book called So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore by Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman. Jake, the book’s main character, is an associate pastor in a church. He has several encounters with John….yes, John, one of the “Sons of Thunder,” the disciple who walked with Jesus and wrote a…

Curriculum helps us dodge community Curriculum helps us dodge community
Community

Curriculum helps us dodge community

Posted by Regi Campbell on August 8, 2011

Old people think they’ve seen it all. But if you keep looking, you can keep learning. Through a men’s group I’m a part of, I’ve learned that people, especially men, can avoid having to open up and truly connect with others. Always having a book to read and discuss or homework to do and share…

Previous Page 1456 Next Page
Previous Page 1456 Next Page