Who is Your Plus-One? Who is Your Plus-One?
Community

Who is Your Plus-One?

Posted by Regi Campbell on May 11, 2017

Every year when the NFL draft rolls around, the name Ryan Leaf comes up. He’s universally considered one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history. An episode of NFL Top 10 even ranked him at…

“I Ain’t Confessin’ Nuthin’” “I Ain’t Confessin’ Nuthin’”
Community

“I Ain’t Confessin’ Nuthin’”

Posted by Regi Campbell on March 20, 2017

Nowadays, we talk about transparency. But for centuries, it was called confession. It’s the idea of telling another Jesus-follower your failures and misdeeds. Confessing sin to one another was a huge part of the early…

Mat Carriers and Roof Crashers Mat Carriers and Roof Crashers
Community

Mat Carriers and Roof Crashers

Posted by Kevin Harris on March 13, 2017

Several weekends ago, I had the privilege of spending the weekend with about 100 men from Southbrook Church in Charlotte, NC. And this was no ordinary weekend . . . it was one of those…

Are Your Friends Like-hearted or Like-minded? Are Your Friends Like-hearted or Like-minded?
Community

Are Your Friends Like-hearted or Like-minded?

Posted by Regi Campbell on February 2, 2017

Friendship is a mystery with a lot of definitions. The average Facebook user has 338 ‘friends.’ Studies show that a person’s social circle is usually between 100 and 200 people. Other research estimates our inner…

Why Imagination Matters Why Imagination Matters
Community

Why Imagination Matters

Posted by Regi Campbell on December 5, 2016

I’m not a ‘fantasy’ guy. Never finished a Harry Potter book . . . never read or saw The Lord of the Rings trilogy. But when Reggie Joiner explained the connection between imagination and empathy,…

Like-Hearted vs. Like-Minded Like-Hearted vs. Like-Minded
Community

Like-Hearted vs. Like-Minded

Posted by Regi Campbell on December 1, 2016

The other day, I was trying to describe the kind of people I want to be close friends with. I rarely struggle to find words, but I was stumped. Then the following words came out…

Thanksgiving for One Thanksgiving for One
Community

Thanksgiving for One

Posted by Regi Campbell on November 24, 2016

If you could only be thankful for one person this Thanksgiving, who would it be? Just this one person, for just this one year, for whatever reason. For me, it would be my sister, Gayle….

Asleep at the Wheel Asleep at the Wheel
Community

Asleep at the Wheel

Posted by Kevin Harris on November 7, 2016

Have you ever been asleep at the wheel? In the business world, it’s called strategic drift. How many of you still carry a Nokia or Motorola cell phone? Or have a Myspace page? Sometimes it’s…

Affirm . . . Or Not Affirm . . . Or Not
Community

Affirm . . . Or Not

Posted by Regi Campbell on July 7, 2016

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman has sold over 8 million copies. Chapman, a pastor and counselor, says we tend to give, receive and appreciate love in five ways or ‘languages,’ one of which…

Finding Community Finding Community
Community

Finding Community

Posted by Regi Campbell on May 2, 2016

Do you have a true friend? Someone who knows your ‘dark corners’? Someone who knows everything about you . . . knows your story, what you struggle with, what you dream about? Not many guys…