We’re all getting lots of emails these days with thoughts and tips on how to address our current situation. Author, Podcaster, and Leadership Expert Michael Hyatt and his team have been sending daily tips. This tip, on having date nights in quarantine, is a great reminder to continue prioritizing the relationships and practices we most value. It’s also a great reminder for us mentors, that our guys are still watching and learning from us, so set a good example regarding what and who is most important and encourage them to do the same.
Below is the copied and pasted text of Michael’s email . . .
Due to the complexities of today’s crisis, we’re making an effort to send you daily encouragement and tips to thrive in this season.
Today’s tip: How to Have Date Nights in Quarantine
You may be wondering how to continue growing your closest relationship while social distancing.
Each week, Gail and I have a date night on Thursday nights. With restaurant closures, we aren’t able to go out at this point. However, we’re still spending quality, intentional time together.
Here’s what we’re doing for date night now:
- Getting food from a local restaurant instead of cooking at home.
- Still trying to make it special by eating somewhere other than the kitchen table, like outside since it’s been so beautiful here in Nashville.
- Turning off any distractions like TV or computers.
- Focusing on each other by asking our date night questions with a few additional questions right now . . .
Here are the additional questions we’re asking each other during this time:
- What part of this isolation has been the most challenging for you? What has been the surprise gift in it?
- What things are you learning now that you think you’ll keep doing after this is over?
- What do you need most from me right now?
To get all of our Date Night Questions, go to michaelhyatt.com/datenight for the free download.
Breathe New Life Into Your Discipleship
Small group mentoring can help you engage your people, build your core group of leaders, and transform your church. Our free resources equip you with all the tools you need to launch a sustainable mentoring program.